Tuesday, March 1, 2016

ฺBlog 9 (continuous) : Comparison and Contrast










On Monday 29 February   I studied unit five "Comparison and Contrast". 
I studied the text of "You Just Don't Understand"book was
written by Deborah Tannen about  human language forms 
of men and woman. The important differences between the languages of men and women. 




              Next I studied about main idea of the text and replied the question.The main idea of Paragraph 2 was that men and women had difficulties in communication because they were raised differently.The main point of Paragraph 3 was that men experience life as a competition with others.The words  "network and web" of Paragraph 4 was that women looked for relationships with others more than men do.




In Paragraph 5  the purpose of the story of the women in the hospital was to show the communication problems between men and women.The main idea of Paragraph 8 in my words
was man and women used different language to handle conflict.The phrase in a cooperative way  of paragraph 9 was
that women were comfortable doing things with others.
In my opinion ,I thought  Deborah Tannen wrote this book
to help both men and women to communicate better.




             After that I read the important differences between the languages of men and women. I thought so with Tannen's points about the different personalities of men and women true in my native culture because  men usually used language to show independence status power ,and talked to show skills and knowledge while women usually used language to establish connection and intimacy, and talked less what they
known.
                 I thought that men and women in my native culture used the language the way Tannen claims American men and women. For specific examples  women will often talked with 
man that  "Where did you go?" , "What did you do?" , "What
do you like?" or " Why you don't talk with me?"  and so men
often misinterpret women's words as efforts to "boss them 
around".




   
             finally, I thought studied the text of "You Just Don't Understand"book was very easy. But I  thought studied about the following markers to point out comparison and contrast was difficult. The best way to got into reading was simply to read freely and practiced  from the News or novels. This practice helped me develop a feel for writing. My attitudes towards the lesson was not  easy.






References : www.vivas.usw
                      www.factsvoice.com
                      www.peacetimes.news
                      www.ftape.com
                      www.www.happyviews.com


No comments:

Post a Comment