Monday, April 4, 2016

Blog 16 : Learning Reflectiontion

      

               Today  I've  studied the End of course A Discourse Approach in Reading. I practice skills  reading  for detailed information , reading for specific information , reading for general idea and scanning text  ,skimming text , writing main idea, writing the topic sentence.




               I study  the many story  namely  recount, narrative, description, procedure, comparison and contrast, cause/ effect, definition, classification, exemplification, and problem solving. After that, I studied about recount and I could write the topic and main ideas of the story and identify genre of text /discourse markers and said with friends about writing for recount.




         I studied about narrative and I could  identify genre of text and analyse the structure of the text and shared about ideas/opinion after reading the story. I studied about description that I could analyse text organization and identify discourse markers.I studied about procedure and I could rearrange scrambled sentence in a chronological order, write a cohesive procedural text. 


 


I studied about comparison and contrast that I could analyse similarities and differences of text and write a cohesive paragraph of comparison and contrasts. I studied about cause/effect that I could identify cause/effect and cause/ effect discourse markers. I studied about definition & classification that I could identify text genre and analyse its structure.
I studied about exemplification that I could identify topic and main idea. I studied about problem solving that I could analyse its organization and also I could write the title of the story , the sentence explaining the main idea of passage and write solution and problem.




           I thought, studied about recount was very easy. But I  thought  problem solving was difficult. The best way to get into reading is simply to  read freely and practice write main idea from the News or novels. This practice helps me develop a feel for writing. I should learn to read simply by reading a lot at an appropriate level.It could improve my reading skills speaking skills and writing skills. It could build fundamental vocabulary and grammar knowledge.  It could provide a very strong foundation on which to build all language skills.




My attitudes towards the lesson was I never feel confident when I was faced with a variety of reading task in and outside of class. Since middle school I realized, that reading, no matter in what language, was one of my weakest subjects in school. Especially academic writing represents always a challenge for me. It was not only time consuming, but also a lot of work. For example, when reading about topics I was not familiar. So I must read a lot of English almost every day for myself.



References : www.precisionprinciple.com
                    www.wisdomtimes.com
                    www.blog.grandincentives.com
                    www.feker.net
                    www.popsugar.com

                    www.throughthetollbooth.com
                    www.pinterest.com


No comments:

Post a Comment